Shipping and Returns
When you place an order, we’ll send a confirmation email with your order number. This means that we received your order, pre-authorized your payment and are now reaching out to suppliers to confirm your item(s) are in stock and ready for shipment. If all systems are go, we will process your payment and submit the order for shipment.
If, for some reason, your item or items are unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via email. At that point you can choose to wait for the item to be restocked, or you may cancel the order. In the event you wait for the item to be restocked, we will process your payment immediately. We process payments right away because our system automatically deletes incomplete orders after 7 days. This keeps your payment information safe and everything running smoothly.
Order Shipment + Tracking
In-stock orders typically ship 2-7 days after payment processing. Custom and made-to-order items will typically have longer lead times. If this applies to you, use our Current Lead Times page to check estimated production timelines by brand.
If your order contains both in stock and made-to-order or custom items, all items will be sent together, in a single shipment. if you're order contains items from multiple brands, the items will ship separately.
Once your order ships, we’ll send you an email with tracking information within 24 hours. If you placed an order over 7 days ago and haven’t received shipping information (with the exception of custom made or made-to-order items), feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com
Track your order HERE
You can also track your order through the carrier delivering your items; but, be sure to contact us if anything seems unusual with the shipment’s progress.
Shipping + Delivery Charges
We offer free standard shipping on all orders as well as curbside delivery service for freight items. When you choose standard shipping, your order should arrive in 2-12 business days. Please note that curbside delivery means the carrier will unload the item at the curb. Make sure you have a game plan to get your new fire pit or fireplace to the installation location! Sometimes shipping carriers will charge an extra fee for deliveries to remote or hard to access areas. If this applies to you, we’ll let you know before shipping your order.
Need help getting this thing where it needs to go? We can help!
We offer threshold and white-glove delivery service for an additional charge. Threshold delivery means the carrier will transport your item to the nearest dry area, like a porch or garage, as long as there is a clear and level path. If the carrier is unable to fulfill this service, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will refund the charge to the original payment method or credit card. White glove delivery includes unloading and transporting your item to the desired location of assembly or installation (with some restrictions in regards to accessibility).
If this is something you're interested in, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we will provide you with rates based upon your unique circumstances.
Our Shipping Carriers
We will always ship your order using the fastest and most reliable method.
Smaller items typically ship via FedEx or UPS Ground, they will be delivered to your door and do not require a signature.
Large items usually ship freight via R+L Carriers, Estes, SAIA, FedEx or UPS Freight and require an adult present to inspect and sign for the delivery.
When your shipment arrives at the carrier’s local terminal, they will contact you to schedule a delivery appointment. Most carriers offer appointments in 3-4 hour windows, weekdays between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
Modern Flame has no influence over carrier's operations and; therefore, does not issue refunds if your package is not delivered at the time you want it. If you have a deadline, please place your order far enough in advance to avoid scheduling conflicts.
Modern Flame is not responsible for any delivery error from the shipping company when the information we have provided is correct. If your package is lost or stolen, we will open a claim with the shipping company and it may take up to 10 days to resolve.
Change your mind? We’ve got you covered! If your order hasn’t shipped or gone into production (custom products), you can cancel at no charge, within two days of placing your order. Just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will refund the original payment method or credit card used to place the order.
Orders canceled after 48 hours of placement, that haven’t shipped or gone into production, are subject to a $20 administration fee. Unfortunately, if your order has already shipped, you are responsible for payment of return shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee. Custom orders, including made-to-order products, are not eligible for cancellation once in production.
For information regarding any potential exemptions, please refer to the product’s page on our website.
When Your Shipment Arrives
1. Take a picture of the package before you accept it from the carrier.
2. Before you sign the delivery receipt: Inspect the box for any damage. If there is any visible damage, please make a detailed note (for example: top left corner dented) on the delivery receipt. In the event of visible damage to the box, it’s important open the item to inspect for any concealed damage (concealed damage should also be documented by taking pictures and noted, in detail, on the delivery receipt). If you are unable to open the box and thoroughly inspect the item upon delivery, please write “subject to concealed damage” on the delivery receipt, before signing.
3. Within 24 hours, inspect your items carefully. If you find any damaged items, please take pictures of the damage. Then, reach out to us at email@example.com within the 24 hour window and we will open an insurance claim on your behalf. It’s also important to retain all original packaging (including shipping pallet, when applicable) in case a return is required.
4. Do not refuse a shipment even if there is damage. In most situations, it’s best to accept the delivery and allow us to address the problem on our end. Refusing a damaged item may cause a delay in the claims process and also result in a re-delivery charge.
Following these steps will protect you against liability and will make the process of replacing your lost or damaged items much smoother.
Modern Flame is not responsible for the cost of repairs or replacement of damaged items if there is no notation about damage on the freight delivery receipt or if the damage was not reported within 24 hours of delivery.
Freight Forwarders: If you decide to use your own freight forwarder to ship an item or if you export an item outside the United States yourself or through another carrier, then Modern Flame will not be responsible for providing any replacement or refund for any damaged or defective items. You should not list Modern Flame on any export documentation.
In the unlikely event that an item arrives damaged, we will replace or refund your purchase at no cost to you.
In order to qualify for a replacement or refund:
1. You must report the damage to us within 24 hours of delivery.
2. You must make a note of the damage on the freight delivery receipt.
3. You must provide pictures of the damage as well as the box with the shipping label clearly visible.
4. You must retain all original packaging for the damaged item.
In the event a carrier makes an inspection of a damaged item:
1. Keep the damaged items in the area where they were unpacked and the damaged was discovered. Don’t throw anything away, including packing materials.
2. Have your copy of the delivery receipt on hand.
3. Carefully read the inspection report before signing. In the report, the inspector will assess if the item can be satisfactorily repaired or if it must be replaced. A replacement item may only be ordered if the inspection report specifies “replace”. If you do no agree with something on the report, do not sign and call us immediately at 323.618.6100.
4. Forward a copy of the inspection report to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may proceed with the claim. This must be done within 10 business days of delivery. The carrier will then have 120 days from the date of receipt of your claim to make settlement on interstate claims.
In the event a carrier waives an inspection, or fails to make an inspection within 5 business days of the damage being reported:
1. Conduct an inspection yourself by taking as many pictures and making a clear, detailed description of any and all damage observed.
2. Forward a copy of your inspection to us at email@example.com so we may proceed with the claim. This must be done within 10 business days of receipt of your claim.
In the unlikely event your order is missing any items, please reach out to us within 24 hours at firstname.lastname@example.org to report the item.
Modern Flame will not be held responsible for missing item claims reported more than 24 hours after receipt of order.
Returns + Refunds
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a partial refund. In order to qualify for a return your item(s) must be clean, unused and in its original packaging (including shipping pallet, if applicable). The buyer is responsible for return shipping costs as well as a 25% restocking fee. Item(s) must be sent back within 5 days of delivery. Refunds will be issued to the original payment method or credit card used to place the order.
We are unable to accept returns on custom products, made-to-order products, and sale items. To start a return, email us at email@example.com
If a shipment is refused at the point of delivery, the buyer is responsible for any return shipping costs and restocking fees, when applicable. For information regarding any potential exemptions, please refer to the product’s page on our website.
All of our products carry a manufacture’s warranty, which protects against manufacturing defects. Please refer to your owner’s manual, or the product’s page on our website to learn more about the specific terms and conditions of your warranty.